After discussing basic geometric terms, the chapter presents information on pairs of angles, quadrilaterals, and triangles. The students study the classification of geometric figures as well as perimeter and area formulas. The chapter concludes by exploring some basic triangle theorems including the Pythagorean Theorem.
What you can expect to learn
After completing Chapter 10 you should be able to
- Compare basic geometric figures and shapes using size, shape, or relative positions.
- Solve mathematical and real-world problems involving angle measures.
- Solve mathematical and real-world problems involving the perimeter and area of triangles and quadrilaterals.
- Analyze side relationships within triangles.
- Justify the statement that consistency is necessary but not sufficient to determine truth.